CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary

Three years ago today, I married my best friend. I am so very thankful for my husband! In our few short years of marriage, we have been through alot, but we can still find joy in each other and most of all in our God.

This anniversary was reminiscent of the week before our weddding. 3 years ago when Heston was traveling to CO for our wedding, I got paged over the intercom at the airport telling me to pick up a white courtesy telephone. I called and they said Heston was very ill and they were not going to let him off of the plane. I went to the emergency room at the airport and waited for him. He looked horrible! They were finally going to let him go and they checked his heart rate/blood pressure one more time...then frantcially said they could not release him and whisked him off in an ambulance!!! I found my car and followed him to the hospital. He spent the night in the hospital and had several follow up appointments up until the day before our wedding.

The day of the wedding, I pulled up to the wedding site and saw ambulances, fire trucks, and police cars!! I was freaking out! It turns out that my hero of a husband was trying to resuciate a man who had fallen in the lake at the wedding site!!

Well, this is how this anniversary is reminiscent of that day. My husband has been in the hospital for 2 days due to a broken bone in his neck. This was a result of 2 incidents, one Friday night with a soccer ball and the other on Monday with a golf cart. He blacked out on Friday and then had short term memory loss on Monday. The Lord protected him! Thankfully he is not in any more pain than he is. I am also thankful for the VA hospital. If not for that, we could not afford to pay for Heston's health care due to his upcoming back surgery and the care of his kidney disease.

The Lord continues to provide for our needs. We are looking forward to picking up Heston's parents tonight at Iron Mountain Airport!

p.s. I will post pictures later! Dial up is not the frined of pictures!!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy 3rd Anniversary, Freys! Hope you'll be able to do a special dinner or something when Heston is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! We'll be praying for Heston!

Visit us on www.facebook.com said...

WHAT!!! It is 1230pm on Wen. night and I am just finding out, on your blog, that you have a broken bone in your neck! How did I not know about this? What is going on...I heard you went flying off of a golf cart, which sounds just like something you would do...where did the broken bone come in? WHat bone is it? If it werent so late I would cell you right now! Call me!!!
Mom and Dad are flying in tonight??? I work 2 evening shifts and I know nothing about what is going on with my family!
By the way Happy Anniversary!

Heather said...

Hey there....Kelli, I am so happy that you are part of our fammily!!! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow night!!!

Oh and if I were you guys...I would just give Hillary a quick little call.

Visit us on www.facebook.com said...

Don't worry, I called them as soon as I got up! I think I woke Heston up.

pamela s said...

Happy Anniversary! If I were you, I would lock him up from July 26-Aug. 2 from now on! Maybe you should schedule vacation time around then. :) Hope you can celebrate outside a hospital when he's feeling better.

Jen and Mark said...

congratulations!!! i hope that you had a great day and i hope that everything returns to normal soon!

-jen and mark corbin

christina said...

happy anniversary! and hopefully you'll stay illness/injury free for the rest of them. :)
we'll pray for heston...

S said...

Wow! I never knew about all of that leading up to your wedding day. Definetly made a few memories, I'm sure. Hope that everything heals well from his recent injury. I'm with Pam, maybe you should put him in a bubble around this time of year.

Laura said...

Oh my word Kelli! Yikes. I will be praying for you guys as Heston has his upcoming surgery. And yes, Happy Anniversary -- one day you will be able to tell your kids about all of this!

Tracy said...

Happy Anniversary (sorry it's a few days late). Heston - sorry to hear about your neck. We'll be praying that it heals quickly.

Elisabeth said...

Happy anniversary, way late, but we are back from FL now! Sorry to hear about Heston, yikes! I posted some pics of Rae's wedding on my site, check them out! Have fun on vacay!

Karen said...

Good grief! I hope Heston's feeling better soon, and that you can get some rest, too! Hope your anniversary was nice anyway.

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

I remember. You had a beautiful wedding. Im so glad I was able to be part of it. Will you upload any wedding pictures?? I want to see them again :)Three years. congratulations

Jocelyn Pagano said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow! What a scary thing to happen right before your wedding - alot of uneeded stress for the bride! Sorry to hear what happened recently with him too. I hope this isn't going to happen every 3 years for you!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.