CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Hair Fixes from your Cupboard!

I received the following email from Denise Austin's Morning Stretch the other day and that I would share it!

You don't need a lot of expensive products to keep your hair looking great. The solutions to some of the most common hair dilemmas can be found right in your very own cupboard!

-Ease frizz with coconut oil. Rub a few drops into your hands and smooth over your tresses. Be careful not to overdo it, though — too much can make hair appear greasy!

-Periodically rinse your hair with a baking soda and water solution to remove hair product buildup.

-Mix the juice of one lemon and one cup of water to make a rinse that brings shine to dull hair!

-Rosemary, patchouli, or almond oil extracts help minimize the flaking associated with a dry scalp.

-For subtle summer highlights, apply a solution of chamomile tea and lemon juice to your hair. Let it sit for 15 minutes, and rinse. Voila, instant highlights!

-Keep your hair healthy from the inside out by drinking lots of water and eating a diet full of healthy fruits and vegetables!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting tips Kelli! I had heard that about lemon juice. I've even tried bleaching my hair with lemon juice but it didn't work so well. :)

Katie Barker said...

thanks: that's a lot of fun ideas.
do you think the highlighting thing really works?

Kelli said...

Katie - I have no idea if the lemon juice would work or not! My hair is dark so I don't think it would work on my hair at all. Give it a try...just don't blame me if it doesn't work! =) Have a good day!