CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 29, 2007

Happy Birthday, Grandpa!

My Grandpa Huffman turned 84 years old yesterday! He is a very special person to me and I am so thankful for him! He served in World War II and married my grandma shortly after (They will be married for 60 years in June).

They had 3 kids, of which my mom is the youngest.

He worked at NWA in Minneapolis until retirement. They then moved to Oceanside, CA for 10+ years. We LOVED to visit them there. They moved to Colorado in 2001 (I think) to be closer to my mom & their son. I love having them so close and it has helped us to build an even more special relationship.

He is such an example of a studier of God's Word and prayer. He knows his Bible so well and shares it with us. He always tells us that he is praying for us, and he is.


Thanks to him and his early teasing, all of us grandkids love coffee!! He laughs about it to this day.


He always use to give us licorice sliders. All of us kids will remember those!

Remember the "no kissing on Tuesdays"? Well, I can think of several times where we got him. Remember that one time at Starbuck's?

My Grandpa is a wonderful man and I am very thankful for him.


Happy Birthday, Grandpa! I love you very much!!

3 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

That's special that you have such a close relationship with your grandfather. It's great that you recognize what a blessing he is. I always thought it would be nice to have a grandpa. One of my grandfather's died when I was four. The other one was an alcoholic and usually couldn't remember my name. Continue to treasure him Kelli! You're blessed to have him.

Anonymous said...

Awww... Happy Birthday, Kelli's grandpa! What a special treasure. Kelli, thanks for the Starbucks tip! I will have to check that out!

Anonymous said...

your family looks great kelli. i saw bri's blog a while ago. I can't believe all she's doing. hope you and heston are having fun up north. what are your plans after graduation? thanks for dropping by our blog. so good to hear from you.