CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Great Weekend; Bad Monday

This post is a week overdue, but I thought I would share it anyways. Last Friday, Heston & I went to Maryland to spend the weekend with Heston's parents on their boat. We had a great time. On Saturday, Heston spent the day crabbing. He actually caught 19 crabs!! He had so much fun. We got a lot of sun on Saturday and we both got burned pretty bad, even though we put sunscreen on. That part was not fun at all.

That last part leads to the bad Monday. Well, Monday morning, my car wouldn't start. We thought we had "fixed" the problem over the weekend, but apparently not. Thankfully I only work 1 mile from where we are living so my boss came to pick me up. Heston was working on my car that night, getting under the car, cleaning things, changing the battery, etc. He was using WD-40 and some other cleaner and it ended up dripping on him, especially his hair. Well, he came in and took a shower. Suddenly, we hear screaming coming from the shower. At first we thought someone flushed the toilet or something, but the screams and yells kept coming, louder and louder! Heston's sister, Hillary, is a nurse so she ran to his aid and asked what was wrong. He was writhing in pain. We put bags of vegetables and steaks all over his back and his shoulders, but nothing seemed to help the burning and stinging. Benadryl wasn't working either. After about and hour and a half of intense pain, we took him to the ER. I don't think they understood how much pain he was in. We think what ended up happening was the chemicals from the car cleaners got into the newly broken open blisters on his back. He said on a pain scale of 1 to 10 he was at a definite 10. Life is always interesting with Heston! Glad you are feeling better, Babe.

Here are some pictures of the weekend.





7 comments:

Heather said...

That pain sounds HORRIBLE!! I just couldn't imagine it!! Hopefully he is feeling better!

the johnson crew said...

the crabbing trip sounds so fun. - oh poor heston, sounds aweful painful. i hope he is feeling nbetter by now!

Kelly Glupker said...

A burn like that has to be absolutely awful! I'm glad he's doing better.

Anonymous said...

heston - glad you're feeling better - next time i bet you'll wear sun screen...

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

oh man!! ouch.....

those crabs look good.:)


rae

undergroundcrowds said...

oh man! glad you're feeling better, too! yikes, who'd a thought?

carissa said...

wow! What another event to add to Heston's life! That sounds so painful. I miss you. How are things iN PA? I pray for your house to sell. Let me know what else I can pray for. Love you both!