CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 19, 2007

Snow, Thanksgiving, and our New House

I know I know, I never post on this anymore. Sorry! We woke up to our first snow fall today. I didn't feel prepared for it at all! That is not a good way to start a Monday Morning, especially since all of our winter wardrobe is still in storage.



We are looking forward to having Thanksgiving with family this year. We have had our own Thanksgivings the past several years that we have been married. The last time I was with family for Thanksgiving was when my family drove up to MN and surprised me my freshmen year of college. That was a fun time!
We are definitely looking forward to the break from work, the great food, spending time with family, and of course shopping on Black Friday! If anyone knows of any furniture deals, let us know.

Lastly, we are counting down the days till we move into our OWN HOUSE!! When we wake up in the morning, it will be only 10 days. We are both so excited. It has been great living with family and we greatly appreciate your generosity as we go through this transition, but we are excited to be on our own again. I think at times we feel like we are still visiting. I can't wait to have my own dishes out, see my own things and just be the two of us. It occurred to me the other day that this will be the first Christmas of our married lives that we will wake up in our own house!! We have always been in CO with my family or here in PA with Heston's family. Heston was so excited about that, especially since he LOVES Christmas. I am going to have to make sure there are some presents under our tree, even through our big present to ourselves is our house. I will definitely post pictures! Please pray that things continue to go smoothly with the house.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you! Congrats on your new house! There is nothing like having Christmas in your own home - we have started doing that as our tradition. Enjoy the snow! (haha)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelli! I am glad YOU are having the snow and not us, though I hear it is in the near future here too! Can't wait to see pics of your house! Love you! Mom

Abby said...

That's so exciting that you'll be in your house soon! It will be fun to get it all set up the way you want to! And holidays in your own place is ALWAYS fun!! YAY!

Taryn and Danielle said...

Congrats on getting a new house...where is it? And how exciting that this Christmas will be your first in your own house!!! I'm very glad everything has worked out for you guys!
~Taryn

the johnson crew said...

dear kelly, thank you for your sweet note on our blog. - it reminded me to check yours and read all about your wonderful news. praise the Lord for the sale your wisconsin home and the new home your buying in a week. i am so happy for you. i am sure that is such a relief. what a blessing that you didn't have to pay taxes on the less than 2 years thing. i guess i didn't really know about that... interesting. - you will have to check my blog again, we have some exciting news.

-janelle