CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Old seen as New...

Have you ever been in church and heard a familiar song yet it seemed like you were hearing it for the first time? I had that experience this morning. We sang the song "I have decided to follow Jesus", which has been true of my heart for many years, but it was an amazing experience really listening to the words, realizing the sincerity of those words and having that special time along with my Savior. I think being in a new church has helped me to see a lot of things that I have always known and believed in for what they really are. My relationship with Christ is the most important relationship in my life and because of that relationship I have eternal life. It is neat to have reminders of God's promises to me.

2 comments:

the johnson crew said...

awesome post kelli,

i love that song too. when marco and tonio first lived with me a friend of mine taught them the sign language to that song and they wanted to sing and "perform" it for everyone. to this day it is a special memory.

undergroundcrowds said...

the interesting thing about that is that the song was written by a converted Indian, who risked a lot to be a Christian. ;) that's a refreshing post.