CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 17, 2006

Spring Break

Spring Break is here! It is not as exciting as it was when I was still a student, but it still holds some element of excitement! The number one thing is that I don't have to wear nylons to work for a whole week! That is always exciting, oh, and I can wear jean skirts! I was never a huge fan of jean skirts, but once I was told that it was not part of my dress code, it made me want to wear them! Life goes on. Summer will be here soon enough and I can wear jean skirts every day!

We are looking forward to getting together with alot of our frineds this week. Some of our really good friends are expecting a baby any day now so we are getting together tonight before the big day comes - get togethers will never be the same, in a good way of course!

It is neat to see how the Lord gives us a break when we need it the most. I think especailly of my dear husband, Heston. He words SO hard at work and on his school work. Since his health isn't all that great, he really needs the break. It will be a refreshing week!

Then on Thursday we head down to Rockford! We are so excited to spend time with Heather & Kevin and the kids. Looking forward to it!

Anyone have any fond spring break memories to share?

6 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah!!! We can't wait to see you. Victoria keeps asking when you will be here!

My last spring break in college was when we moved Kevin from Dunbar, WI to Wyomissing, PA! He stayed there to get settled in while I finished up my last semester at NBBC. Wow...that was 6 years ago. So much has happened since then! Time flies.

I hope you both have a relaxing and productive spring break.

Anonymous said...

SPRING BREAK!! It if finally here. I didn't think it would ever come. But you know what this means, doing work around the house!! i wish the snow was gone though. We could start on the outside. Right now we have to finish painting inside-kitchen and living room.

we are excited. spend time with friends and then visit my sis and her kids. can't wait to see them!!

S said...

Hey Kelli, so jean skirts have been banned from your dress code? Glad that made that rule after I left G.S. :) My favorite Spring Break memory was student teaching down at Schaumburg and Stephen came and visited me during my Spring Break. We made all sorts of memories in Chicago when I wasn't in class. It was fun. So who are your friends that are going to have a baby any day?

Unknown said...

wow, no jean skirts? THat's the pits. I have a jean skirt that I made one time from a pair of old jeans and it is the most comfy thing in my wardrobe! How do you like working in grad. studies? Give Brent Aaron Belford a slug for me. :) I suppose you know my bro-in-law?

Matt's spring break is next week (he's a full time phd student at kent state). we don't have anything planned together though. my mom is whisking me off to new york city to see harry connick jr. in a broadway musical and matt will be on full time daddy duty at home with Chloe. I'm very much looking forward to a little break from mommyhood. Everyone needs a break sometimes although when the time comes for me to board the plane I think I'll have a VERY difficult time leaving my little girl and hubby.

G. A. Dietrich said...

I am amused that Heston replied to his wife's post on their blog.

Kelli said...

Alicia-
I love working in Grad Studies! I love having big events/goals to work towards. I will let Brent know that you said hey!

Have fun with your mom in New York! I am sure you will have tons of fun, but you will be ready to come home to your baby and husband.

Shannon-
Basically noone on staff is allowed to wear jean skirts anymore! Dr. Olson said that we work in a professional setting and we need to look professional! I agree and the staff does look alot nicer! Ruth and Steve are our friends who were having a baby! I posted about their daughter!