CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

All Your Anxiety

This song came to my mind this morning and I thought I would share it with you today. What great truth it holds and how true it is. The Lord is faithful to us no matter what He allows to come across our paths. His way is perfect and we can rest in that.

Is there a heart o'er-bound by sorrow?
Is there a life weighed down by care?
Come to the cross--each burden bearing,
All your anxiety--leave it there.

Refrain:
All your anxiety, all your care,
Bring to the mercy seat--leave it there;
Never a burden He cannot bear,
Never a friend like Jesus.

No other friend so keen to help you,
No other friend so quick to hear;
No other place to leave your burden,
No other one to hear your prayer.
Refrain:

Come then at once--delay no longer!
Heed His entreaty kind and sweet;
You need not fear a disappointment--
You shall find peace at the mercy seat.
Refrain:

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the text of this song! Something I've never quite understood (and here's my geeky music side coming out) is why the music is so melancholy sounding! This is quite the joyful concept, God taking our burdens! And when we leave them there, how FREEING it is!!! (of course, the first stanza WOULD sound goofy sung to a happy tune) Thanks for the reminder that God wants to carry us and our burdens!

Unknown said...

beautiful song. thanks for getting it into my head today!

carissa said...

thank you kelli, I am doing dishes, babies crying, people at my door (and I find time to check my blog?!) and God uses you to remind me to cast my care on HIM! Praise His name! HAPPY secretary's day tomorrow!

S said...

Thanks for this reminder, Kelli. It's a good reminder. I have some burdens I was faced with tonight that I need to "leave it there". Such a good reminder that "no other friend so keen to help you"..sometimes we think we need people, but Christ is our only solace.

Laura said...

Kelli, I'm just going to comment here, but I want this to apply to your last several posts. You are amazing! Look at you . . .Sewing, crocheting, etc. I wish I could be more like you. This week I have thought several times "I have got to learn how to sew!" I have been looking for curtains and pillows for our office/guest room and I was just getting so frustrated because I couldn't find what I wanted and the options here are limited. Of course,I shouldn't let such things frustrate me . . . it is a small matter. STILL, how great would it be to custom make my own curtains?! Maybe one day soon I'll learn. :)
Sorry to here about Heston's back situation. I will pray that he doesn't need the more difficult surgery. Praise the Lord for the VA benefits. We can certainly relate.
Oh, and Maggiano's-- one of our favorites too. You must have been referring to the one off of 25. Jason was at the AF Academy when I lived in Denver for a short time so I practicially know every landmark on the way to the Springs. Ah. . .these sentimental associations I attach to everything. :)
Thanks for the reminder in the song. God is good.
Laura