CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Fruits & Vegetables

We have recently had to made some diet changes for Heston's health and we have been eating alot more fruits and vegetables. I am glad it is spring and it is the season for wonderful fresh fruit! Shortly the farmer markets will be opening up and we can get even fresher fruit and wonderful tasting veggies! My new favorite fruits are tangelos and plums and I love baked sweet potatoes!


What are your favorite summertime fruits or vegetables? Any good fruit salad ideas?

5 comments:

Jenny said...

YUM! Since I got pregnant I can't seem to get enough baked sweet potatoes! I am looking forward to farmer's market time, too! I love browsing around and checking out all the produce. Happy veggie-eating!

Heather said...

I should e-mail you the frozen fruit slushy that we make. It is so good and so refreshing!

I too love Tangelos. Actually, I brought one today to eat with my lunch. YUMMMMY!!!

S said...

I love yellow squash for veggies... For fruit, I buy a frozen mix from Sam's which is probably hard for you to get to, but I also do smoothies with a couple bananas, handful of strawberries, yogurt and a handful of ice. You can try all sorts of things...peaches work well too - canned or fresh. Sometimes I put juice in them too- if I have some on hand.

Heath, Jamie, Julie, & Mady said...

HAHAHA! good luck heston - HAHAHAHA!

Unknown said...

Amen about the fruit smoothies! I have a bag of frozen strawberries that I use to make quick strawberry/banana/orange smoothies. They help to fill me up and they're great for your health. Strawberries, blueberries, grapefruit, tomatoes, kiwis, and oranges are my faves but blackberries are my all time favorite.

I just do an improvised fruit salad with out a recipe. I also like to make yogurt/fruit parfaits for a healthy dinner dessert.