CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 07, 2006

Recap of our week

This has been quite a week, but God gives us the grace to get through each thing He brings across our path! He is so faithful to us even though we don't deserve it. We are so thankful for the promises that are true each and every day. We serve an awesome God.

There are 4 weeks left in the regular semester, then just one week of finals. Heston is praising the Lord for that! He had 4 tests this week and that is never fun. He was having a really rough day on Monday so we went home a little bit early. Since it was a little too early for dinner, I threw in some laundry. While we were eating, I heard some water running/dripping, but that is not always unusual since some of the water drains in our kitchen sink (weird, I know). Anyways, we finished dinner, then while was putting away the food, I realized there was TONS OF WATER all over the floor! I was running around getting all of our big towels to soak up all of the water. It was all in our pantry and in our storage closet, but thankfully it didn't saturate the carpet in the living room. I felt so bad for Heston as he was turning off the water, pulling the washing machine out from the wall and cleaning up all of the water! Somehow, the drain pipe got disconnected or something so all the water that was draining from the washing machine was all over the floor.
Good thing about it all is that we had a sparkly clean floor after the whole ordeal! I am very thankful that my husband is a fix it man! Otherwise I don't know what we would do! It even made us smile looking back!

Tuesday night Heston had to work late at the Men's volleyball games and then he needed to work on some projects. Well, there I was home alone. Our house is out in the middle of nowhere and last weekend, we had a little scare-we think someone may have tried to brake into our house! We had come home from town and our cat was outside (which she NEVER is because of wild animals) and our back window was open! Anyways, ever since then, the house is a little bit scarier! So I thought I was tough and could handle the home alone experience, but I wasn't. I tried watching TV, but every time I heard a noise, I would mute the TV and tried to think of what I would do if someone were actually breaking in! I had my cell phone and the phone right by me and concurred that I would go to the closet and hide if necessary. It was not very relaxing. Then I got my Bible out and tried to read, but it almost made it worse because I was ACKNOWLEDGING my fear! Finally, Heston called around 10:30 and asked if he needed to come home and I said YES!! He came home and all the lights were on! I know God would protect me, as I beleive He did last weekend, but our finite minds often get the better of us!

Anways, the rest of our week was well and we were able to spend some time together and with others. We love our ministry here at Northland. We are thankful for what the Lord has given us and for what He is doing in our lives.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

5 comments:

Shyla said...

YIkes!! Nathan and I have had our share of homeowner issues! :) we had black sludge that would shoot out of the drain in the basement (BLAH!!) but thankfully nate fixed that problem!!!
I finally got adjusted to our apartment at night and then we bought a house and there were so many more places for the boogie man to hide! LOL I must say, it gets easier - and I really had to suck it up fast b/c nate travels and if my baby cried in the middle of the night, I didn't want to be frozen in my bed! :)

Heather said...

Kelli...glad that you had a good week. I understand being scared while home alone. That will be me tonight. :) Hang in there!!!

I can't believe what happened to your washer!?!? What fun being a homeowner! We had so much rain the last few days and our basement got a LITTLE wet because of the downspouts being full. There is always something, isn't there?

Have a great weekend!

S said...

You're not alone with your nighttime fears! Stephen works nights til 10 p.m. - so it's been good for me to learn to trust God despite the weird sounds I hear. Half the time, it's probably just our neighbor Russell White! (we live in a duplex next to them) Anyways, since having Esther, I seem to be doing better in that area b/c she's my little distraction.

Visit us on www.facebook.com said...

Sound like you guys need a dog! Pheobe can't protect you like a big dog would.

Really, for some reason when we got Molly I felt so much better when I would be at home by myself.

Kelli said...

Well, I wasn't scared at all Friday night! I kept singing the song "I cast all of my cares upon you" and I left the TV on, played games on the computer, and fell asleep on the couch until Heston came home!

Hill: everyone says we should get a dog, but I don't feel like we are home enough to have a dog. We will probably get one when we have kids and I am home all of the time! I know I would feel safer with a dog! Someday!