CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 06, 2006

My Spiritual Birthday

Nine years ago today, when I was 15 years old, I got saved! I had grown up in a Christian home and I thought I was saved when I was 8. But after learning more about God and heavean and hell throughout my youth group and school, I really doubted my salvation. One night, after hearing a message, I grabbed my friends arm and asked if she would go forward with me. We walked up to the front and then went to tbe pastor's office and a lady talked with me about salvation. I already knew all there was to know about salvation, and she knew that, she was just confirming with me what I was about to do. I then prayed and asked Jesus Christ to come into my heart and save me and cleanse me from all of my sin. That was a glorious day. Since that day I have not doubted my salvation. I am still growing; not always at the speed I ought to, but the Lord is at work in my life and I praise him for that! 1 John 1:9

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy spiritual Birthday to you, Happy spiritual Birthday to you! Awesome stuff, praise the Lord for His rescue of the perishing (although we don't always feel like we were actually perishing). I was saved at 17 but I'm not from a Christian home so I never had the whole doubting my salvation experience. Praise Jesus that He led your heart to Him!

Kelli said...

To my wife: Happy B-DAY:) i love you!