CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 23, 2006

Still a few more days

Although I still have a few more days of vacation, I thought I would recap what we have done so far!
I arrived on Saturday and hit the ground running! I wasn't home for more than 5 minutes before we were gone the whole day shopping and visiting my grandparents. We had my favorite pizza, Papa John's, at the grandparents house that night.

Sunday was Father's day and it was so neat to be here with my dad. After church we went to my cousins house and I met my new baby cousins, Kara and Maddox. Kara is 10 months old and Maddox was only 18 days old. I had a great time playing games with my little cousins Kaylee and Karissa who were 2 of the flowergirls in my wedding.

Monday I got to go visit my best friend Jamie and meet her baby son, William. He is 9 months old and is SO CUTE!

Tuesday was mom's day off of work so we spent the day shopping and spending time together.

Wednesday I spent the day with my friends Sherry and Bailey. Bailey was in my wedding and it is amazing to see how much she has grown! I am proud of her.

Thursday I spent the morning with Jamie and William again and then had lunch with Aunt Brenda. That was a lot of fun!

Today, mom, Grandma, Grandpa and I went to Boulder CO to drive around and walk up Pearl Street Mall, see Boulder Falls, and then we sat by the river. The weather was perfect and it was nice to enjoy God's creation. I am babysitting baby William tonight so his parents could go out on a date to see a Barber Shop Quartet. We went to starbuck's to see my friend Jenifer. William got tired so we came home and he went right to sleep! He is such a sweet baby, but it makes me realize I am not quite ready to be a mommy...

I MISS MY HUSBAND! It is so weird not to be with him. It is crazy, though, because he calls me and it sounds like he is next door instead of in Germany! Our phone calls are expensive, but well worth it. I miss him so much. I got him the perfect anniversary present and I can't wait to give it to him. I love buying him presents because he is such a little kid when it comes to guessing what they are and opening them. It makes it worth it!!

Well, just wanted to keep you posted on what is going on! I will add the pictures later because it would take FOREVER to upload them on my parent's dial-up.

Hope you are all doing well!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like your having a great time!!!!

S said...

Glad you got to get some time with your family! I can't wait to see the pics!

carissa said...

I miss you, Kelli. I am so glad you're enjoying your time at home. Give your mom a hug from all of us and let her know that we just planted our sunflower seeds 2 days ago. We are so glad to be back from vacation, but we had an awesome time. Call when you get home. Love you!!

carissa said...

I miss you, Kelli. I am so glad you're enjoying your time at home. Give your mom a hug from all of us and let her know that we just planted our sunflower seeds 2 days ago. We are so glad to be back from vacation, but we had an awesome time. Call when you get home. Love you!!

Reads said...

Glad that you were able to get away while Heston is in Germany, at least you can enjoy your family and stay busy, I find that always help the days go faster, when Adam is away. Can't wait to see pics; enjoy the last few days with family, those are treasured times for those of us who don't live close to family! My parents will be here in 5 weeks!!

Sarah said...

Hey Kelli -
It sounds like you are having a great time! I'm glad you are able to spend so much time with family and friends and all in beautiful CO! (I'm a little jealous=)

I totally understand the whole missing your husband thing - Josh is gone for the entire week so I'm feeling lonely with out him.
Anyways, glad to hear you are doing well!

suzanne said...

Glad your having a good time. I know you miss your hubby, but it will make your reunion so much sweeter!

Anonymous said...

Your blog about spending more time with your family is really informative, and has tought me a lot.

##URL