CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 18, 2006

Update on life

Thanks for those of you who prayed for Brianne's trip to Zambia. She made it safely to Zambia last Tuesday. Her roommate is really sweet and her room is very nice (I think she was a little surprised!) She as her own room and they already had a mosquito net above her bed and a fan blowing in her room. The Lord allowed her to make it there safely and for that we are extremely grateful! My mom also found an affordable way to call her.

2 weekends ago, we traveled down to Rockford, IL & Milwaukee area for 2 soccer games for the girls. I had packed all of our stuff and put it out on the deck for Heston to load up, which included his lap top. When we got to the hotel later that night, we could not find his lap top ANYWHERE. We thought for sure it was stolen because we both remembered it being out on the deck. So on the way home, I found myself praying that we did leave it outside in the rain instead of it being stolen. Sure enough, when we got home, our friends who were watching our house had put the soaking wet computer bag inside the front door. Thank the Lord for a wet computer instead of a stolen computer (it still works - PTL!). That taught us a lesson!

This week at Northland are the Revival Meetings. Pray for revival amongst the Student Body & Staff. This is always a great week, even though it is exhausting both physically & spiritually.

Also, pray for our ministry amongst the Girls Soccer team here at Northland. The Lord gives us daily opportunities to minister to these girls. I appreciate the opportunities even though I often feel inadequate. Pray that I would forget myself and give without hesitation of my time and resources to these girls. I have already learned alot about myself through these girls. We just found out that we are going to be able to go on a mission's trip next summer to Uruguay with the girls soccer team. The girls are so excited! We are already beginning to pray that the Lord will bring in the money and allow the right girls to come on this trip. One girl on the team, who was only planning on coming for this fall semester, had been praying for another opportunity to go back to Uruguay. That weekend, Heston had mentioned the trip and she said it was as if the Lord was directly speaking to her. This may lead her to stay at Northland for longer. Pray for her!

The highlight of my week last week was when we were in Milwaukke playing Mount Mary, Ruth Sauers called Heston's cell phone and asked where we were at. Sure enough we were less than a mile from her house!! So while the girls were warming up, I got to go visit Ruth & Haven and see thier new house! It was great to see you, Ruth! I wish I would have had my camera. I can't wait until we can go down and visit you guys.

Well, I have alot of other things to write about, but these are the main things. Hope you all had a great weekend!

4 comments:

Sauers said...

Hey Kelli! It was so good to see you last week! I can't believe you guys were so close! Next time you will definitely have to stay with us. I think we might be coming up to Northland on Saturday (23rd) for Rodeofest, so if you're around we'd love to see you! Hope you're having a good week! Hope to see you Sat!
Love,
Ruth

JHotchkin said...

Hey Kelli!
You have such a huge opportunity with some of those girls this year on the soccer team! There are some unique needs there that I haven't seen before here at Northland. :) I'll be praying for you as you work with them. I feel everytime I see you it is in passing...We need to catch up soon!
Jennifer

Kelli said...

Ruth, I can't wait to see you tomorrow!! Hope it still works out for you to come. I think it is going to be rainy, though!

Jennifer: We really do need to get together! We need another long soccer trip or something where we can talk the whole time or whatever. I missing talking to you!

Tiffany Wagner said...

Wow, Kelly, sounds like life has been quite eventful lately! I read all about Heston's injuries, you are a brave trooper to be so calm through all that!!
And great to hear about Bri, I'm sure you'll miss her though!
Trust God for wisdom with the girls, He is faithful!!
~Tiff