CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 22, 2006

Discilpeship Opportunity

Today I have an opportunity to meet with one of the soccer girls one on one. I have always desired to be available to these girls and I always get super excited when one of them seeks me out to talk. Every single time I feel so inadequate! I feel like I should be the one who is still being discipled, but God has taught me so many things throughout the 25 years of my life and I love being able to share things with the girls that were huge struggles for me and that only by the grace of God, He brought me through victoriously. So if you think about it, please pray for me and I have opportunites to talk to these girls. Pray that they would see Christ's love through me and that I wouldn't attempt this without the strength of Christ. I am excited for the opportunity for the Lord to use me!

5 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Sweet, you've probably already met, but I will pray for you right now - that you will trust Christ with the results and effects of you words. I will pray for her, that she will know you spoke in love and care.

Heather said...

I am late on this...but I have always admired the way you reach out to the girls. They are able to see the way you and Heston get along and your life shows how you both rely on God and his provisions!!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't is amazing how the Lord uses us even when we feel totally unable? His grace is amazing.

Unknown said...

Will do, I'll pray for you girl. I'm sure as the girls see your consistent life they'll desire that and come to you for wisdom. And God will in turn give you the wisdom and words you need to dish out!

Ben and Carissa said...

Hey Kelli. It has been so great to hear from you. It is so fun to see how the Lord works in the lives of your friends! I have been learning many of the same lessons you are. It is crazy to think there are girls coming now to us for spiritual guidance. God is good. Say hello to your family for me. I miss them!!