CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

One More Game...

The snow has come and gone...Really, it wasn't that bad! Just the initial shock of it all was tough! Last Thursday & Friday's games were very cold, especially Thursday's, in Superior, WI. I don't ever remember feeling that cold! It was not fun for me sitting on the bench and I know it wasn't fun for the girls playing. They played well, but still did not come out with a win. Friday's game was in Minneapolis and was slightly warmer, but still very cold! The girls won in double over time - it was the greatest game to watch! The girl who scored the final point is one who doesn't play much. It was exciting for her and definately for us! We are now anxiously awaiting to find out whether or not we will be going to Nationals down in Florida. I am trying not to get my hopes up! The girls played yesterday at Finlandia University. It was a rough, physical game, but they came out with a Win, 3-1. It was a good trip and I got to see my friend, Janae Scott, as she was up there visiting her family while Jono was hunting. The girls play one more game on Saturday so we are looking forward to that!

My mom is coming tomorrow! I am really excited! I am picking her up in Appleton tomorrow evening and then we are staying the night so we can get more shopping in on Friday. I am looking forward to spending time with her up here since last time she was up was for Bri's graduation and it was just SO BUSY! We have lots of plans and we will see if everything gets done!

My grandma had surgery on her left hand yesterday to releive a pinched nerve and numbness due to carpel tunnel. She is doing well! She has to have a less evasive surgery on her right hand when the left one is all healed up. She is excited to not have numb fingers anymore!

7 comments:

Dave & Heather said...

I can understand what you mean by not having much fun when it is cold. I used to hate having to play in weather like that. Hope you guys can go to nationals, it is much much warmer here in the South.

Jen and Mark said...

wow - i can imagine what it was like to be that cold and i must tell you that i'm not jealous!! :) how was janae? good i hope!

Christina said...

That's rgeat the you got to see Janae! I've been in contact with her through e-mail. I hope you guys make it to Nationals, and I'm happy to hear about your grandmother. We will keep her in prayer as she heals and gets ready for her next surgery.

Heather said...

Hope you are having a blast with your mom this week...and have fun shopping!!!

Tracy said...

Have a great time with your mom this weekend. I'm thankful to hear that your grandmother's surgery went well.
Thank you for your prayers.

Sauers said...

Hey Kelli,
I'm so glad you update your blog regularly. It's so nice to hear what's going on in your life. Hope you have a great time with your mom! And hope the girls game goes well. Steve and I went down to Chicago for the first game of the guys soccer Regionals. It seemed like there weren't that many Northland people there, probably just because they're all new. :) But, it was really good to see some friends. Take care, and have a great weekend. Love and miss ya!

Jocelyn Pagano said...

How was shopping with your mom?