CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 27, 2006

Egg Nog Latte's & Pumpkin Pie

'Tis the season for some of my favorite foods including those mentioned in the titles of this post! Heston & I have been using our espresso machine to make wonderful latte's!! We ate the last of the pie tonight, which is probably a good thing. I made Heston's favorite pie, shoo-fly pie. He LOVES it!!

We had a great Thanksgiving break. The week started out rough as I was sick for 3 days, but I made it into work for half a day Wednesday and then came home and started making all of the holiday festivities. I LOVE making all of the trimmings & desserts. Heston had a side job laying some carpet on Wednesday and didn't get home till late, but we still had to run to Wal-Mart so we ended up staying at Wal-Mart til 11 pm! It was kind of fun, though, almost felt like we were kids again!

We slept in Thursday and I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast. We put the turkey and ham in the oven and just waited for the kids to come over. We had 4 college students over and enjoyed a wonderful meal and great fellowship.

On Friday we ventured down to Appleton to do some shopping. We had a great time.

Here is a picture of the Thanksgiving table (minus the food & people- oops!)

Here is the mantle that my mom helped me decorate

Phoebe was mad that her daddy wouldn't let her sit at the table!


That night, Heston & I put up our tree. It looks beautiful!! Phoebe enjoys chewing on the branches but hopefully she will get over that.

Our Christmas Tree


My Christmas village & our stockings, including Phoebe's


The Dining room table centerpiece from the Frey family Christmas dinner last year



I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Less than 3 weeks of school left for Heston; Praise the Lord! Then it is off to student teaching for him.

22 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

Where is he doing his student teaching? Almost done - what a great feeling, eh? What was your major?

Visit us on www.facebook.com said...

I love the red on the walls...my favorite!

Tell Heston good job on buying the tree :)!

Anonymous said...

The house looks great Kelli!! I love the tree.

C and C said...

hey kel! your house lookes so good! im sure the dinner also was great! caleb and i were talking yesterday about how its hard to get all excited about christmas here- its like nbbc summers! christmas here isnt cold- its chilly! :)

Sarah said...

I love your house - everything is so festive! I love the holidays and all the decorations and of course good food! Glad you had a fun Thankgiving - we'll have to get together soon!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful home you have! And I love your gorgeous dining room table and chairs. Where did you get them? And why were you sick? Is there something you need to tell us? Where is Heston doing his student teaching?

Sauers said...

Your house looks beautiful! I'm glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving - sorry you were sick! That's awesome that Heston's almost done! What a relief! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon - let me know when you think you'll be getting here, etc. as the time draws closer!
Ruth

Kelli said...

Kelly: Heston is doing his student teaching at Faith in Pembine. My major was Counseling/Theology

Hill: You need to come visit us sometime and see the rest of the house...hopefully you can make it for Heston's graudation! That would be fun!

Alicia: Heston's parents gave us the dining room set. It also has a buffet, hutch & side table. Beautiful! We love it. No, no news on being sick! =) Just that time of the year with the weather changes and all!

Ruth:
We will see you guys before you know it! Our flight doesn't leave till like 6 pm on the 19th, so we are planning on driving down in the morning sometime and spending alof of the day with you guys! I will let you know the details when it gets closer! Can't wait to see you guys!

mike.kris said...

Your home looks lovely and the tree is beautiful! Glad you had a great weekend - the thought of shoo-fly pie makes my mouth water. Might just have to make one of those. . .

the johnson crew said...

kelli, your house does look so beautiful! and wow, you already have your tree up. we are hoping to put one up this weekend... i hope!

well, i am glad you had a nice thanksgiving! good for heston... only 3 weeks left! yeah!

God bless you,

janelle

Anonymous said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well, but it sounds like you had a great time anyway! Your house looks beautiful!

Kelli said...

Kris: I had never heard of shoo-fly pie until I met Heston. I found a recipe for it in a Martha Stewart magazine. What all does yours have in it?

Janelle: Hope you can get your tree up this weekend! I am sure the kids are going to love helping. By the way, I have not been able to view your blog for quite a while now. It says it is only open to invited viewers. Would you mind adding me to the list? Thanks! Have a wonderful weekend!

Lacey: Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your house! Have a great weekend!

christina said...

wow! everything looks beautiful! great job!

the johnson crew said...

hi kelli, i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to invite you to my blog. can you email me at jovialgiant@hotmail.com so i can get your email address to send you the link. we had to have a secured blog for the privacy of our kids.

janelle

Kelly Glupker said...

Hey Kelli,
I just noticed that your plate looks just like mine. What brand and pattern is it?

Kelli said...

Thanks Christina!

Janelle: I sent you an email...Thanks!

Kelly: My pattern is Cappucino by Pfaltzgraff. Is that what you have? I love my pattern!!

Kelly Glupker said...

That IS what I have!!! I have all the accessories too. I like it too, but I HATE that you get blackish/gray lines on your plates from cutting. Do you know what I am talking about? I hear that all Pfaltzgraff dishes do that.

Kelli said...

Kelly: I LOVE my dish pattern and all of the accessories. There are still more that I want, though. There used to be a huge discount store by Heston's house in PA where we got dinner plates for .99 cents! Apparently they have since shut down. Only a few of my plates have the black marks on them. I think there is some sort of "cream" cleaner or something that you can use to get them out, sold by Pfaltzgraff.

Carissa: Thanks for your "comment" on my blog via phone! Thanks for the wonderful ideas of the snowflakes in the windows and the wreath over the mirror! I am going to go home and try it! You are a blessing and we will get together after finals are over! Love ya!

Kelly Glupker said...

Cream Cleaner!?!?!?! I need that!!! I have never heard of it before.

the johnson crew said...

is this a world record for most comments? wow, 20!

Kelli said...

Kelly: Here is a "link" to that cleaner for Pfaltzgraff. I haven't used it, but I am sure it will do the trick!! Let me know!
http://www.pfaltzgraff.com/ecomm/Itemdetail.asp?CODIV=0107&T1=09590000

Janelle: I know, crazy huh? I think 4 of them are mine from responding back to people questions, though!

Jocelyn Pagano said...

Nice decorations. Where is your house? That is so great you have a fireplace!