CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Early Christmas Presents

My husband is just like a little kid when it comes to presents. He received my present in the mail yesterday and he was SO excited! He made me close my eyes while he put it in the car and then he made me go inside first and stay in the kitchen while he put it in the back bedroom. Then he wrapped it up and put it under the tree. A few minutes later, he asked if I wanted to open my present! I said "no" and that I could wait. He was the one who couldn't wait! We went to town and he bought me another Christmas present that we have been wanting for our house for a long time: an over-the-range microwave. He really wanted me to have it and I must admit, it was on my Christmas wish list.

We went home and installed it and I went and wrapped the present that I got for him and put it under the tree. He asked when he got to open his present and I said he had to wait. He said "fine, then you can't open your Christmas present!" Finally, after going back and forth a few times, I said that after we cleaned up the kitchen, we could open our presents. He was SO excited. We were both convinced that we knew what the other got for our presents, so we wrote it down: I was right; he was wrong! Anyways, here is a little glimpse into the Frey household of Christmas.

Presents underneath the tree


Kelli opening her present


My new Kitchen Aid Mixer - Thanks Babe!!


Heston opening his present


Lovopoly: A personalized version of Monopoly


Our new microwave


My beautiful curtains!! Thanks Mom Frey!!

11 comments:

Kelly Glupker said...

Where did you get that game? I want one!

Heather said...

Everything looks beautiful...enjoy your mixer...i asked for one too!!!

Unknown said...

What a fun, early Christmas celebration! I have to say, I'm like your hubby when it comes to the gifts - I can't wait to see what's in the wrapped boxes. Your curtains are lovely - did you make those or buy them? They look straight out of pottery barn.

Anonymous said...

Kelli hope you like your mixer!!!!

Sauers said...

Hey Kelli!
I could just see Heston not being able to wait until Christmas! you guys are going home anyway, so you had to do it early, right? Your tree looks great and the curtains are beautiful! That game was a great idea, too! Can't wait to see you guys!
Ruth

christina said...

kelli-
you are a great decorator! everything looks beautiful. and a kitchen aid!! great gift...i use mine all the time and love it.
it's so funny that you guys did that with gifts...we do the exact same thing every year. when nathan gets my gift he gets so excited, he can't wait to give it to me.

Brianne said...

Kelli, I really like the pictures of your house!! the curtains sure make a difference!! It sounds like you had fun!! oh and thanks for my early christmas presents too!! i opened them last night and me and Helen listened to the music!! thanks!! love you!!

Tfipps said...

Okay...looks like it's time for another Monopoly tournament at the Fipps' house! I'm sure we'll all get a kick out of your "Lovopoly." That's funny that you must have already ordered that when we called you to come over, huh?!

Visit us on www.facebook.com said...

I love the curtians, the kitchen looks great Kell!

Heston was always the brother that would help me snoop for my birthday and christmas presents, he knew all of the hiding places!

Enjoy the mixer and the game you guys! And...will you two be at home on Christmas or in Colorado?

Kelli said...

Kelly: I got the game at www.lovopoly.com, but if you wait until Valentine's Day, you can get the full version of the game. It was alot of fun to do!

Heather: I hope you get a mixer for Christmas too! I have really enjoyed it! It would be easy for the kids to help you bake too.

Alicia: My wonderful Mother-in-Law made my beautiful curtains. She did a wonderful job and they really made the difference in the room.

Mom Frey: Thanks for the help with the mixer; I appreciate it! I have made lots of fun stuff with it already.

Ruth: That was part of Heston's resoning for opening the presents - we won't be here for Christmas! Can't wait to see you guys!

Christina: It is kind of fun getting the gifts early, especially since it makes Heston so exicited!

Bri: Glad you like the gifts we gave you. I didn't know if you would like all of the CD's, but I figured at least a couple out of the 4 of them would be good. Did you like the ornament? I had forgotten you hadn't seen my curtains yet.

Trisha: I had already ordered Heston's "Lovopoly" when we had our tournament the other night. I had thought about giving it to him before we went, but I held out...for ONE day. Oh well. In February the full version with cards and everything comes out so maybe we can get together then! Thanks for having us over the other night; that was fun, but we need to do it again so the FREY's can WIN!! Hope Maggie is feeling better!

Hillary: Heston was telling me how he always searched the house for his Christmas presents and how he ALWAYS found them. Any plans for your birthday?
We are leaving for Colordado next Tuesday. I am excited because Heston hasn't been there since Christmas 2 years ago...Everybody is looking forward to seeing him!

Jocelyn Pagano said...

Lovopoly - that is great! Have fun in CO. Your curtains look really nice. Your table looks exactly like ours - except we have chunky wood chairs that match the table.