CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 23, 2007

5 years ago today

Five years ago today, my wonderful husband and I began our relationship. I remember being in the library and my friendSharon Jordon pulled aside my other friend, Elisabeth Ashmore, and told her that Heston liked me. Of course, Elisabeth told me, but I didn't know what to do. You see, I knew that Sharon kind of liked Heston. Later that day, Sharon asked if we could go to the Grind. We sat down and she told me that there was a boy that she thought I should like. I was trying to evade the question because I knew where she was going and I kind of knew how she felt about it. She was adamant that she wanted me to like him and told me that he would be calling me later that night. I remember being in my room and then Heston called and asked if we could go to a basketball game. We then walked and talked and went over to the rec hall and talked some more.

There were alot of other things that happened and I am not 100% sure the order of everything, but previously, I had asked him to fix my headlight because I knew he was a "fix-it" kind of guy. He graciously went out in the freezing cold and fixed it. I offered to take him to coffee, but he politely declined. This was before I even knew he liked me. I remember another time we were in the rec hall playing Rook and my teammate left so I asked him if he would play on my team. Apparently he was xtremely nervous, but he did end up playing. It seems like such a long time ago, and it was, but I am forever grateful that the Lord brough the PERFECT man into my life in His own timing.

We got engaged 6 months later, on August 28, 2002 and we were married a year later on August 2, 2003.



Whenever Heston tells people how we met, he always talks about how he asked Shyla who I was, and she told him that he should get to know me. I met Heston the first day or so of class that we had with Dr. Zichterman, Guidance Counseling. I thought he was nice and all, but the guy never even talked to me. We would both get there early, he would wave to me, then sit 1 or 2 seats away from me for the whole entire semester. Apparently he liked me this whole time but never even said anything! Crazy guy! I laugh about this now. He pulls out details of that fall semester that I had no idea he was even paying attention.

Heston, I love you very much and thank you for being a wonderful husband. I have enjoyed these past 5 years with you so much and look forward to many many more! Thank you for all that you do for me and for loving me. You are a wonderful person and I am so proud to call you my husband, my best friend!

11 comments:

Taryn and Danielle said...

Hi Kelli,

I'm so glad you left me a comment so I could read your blog...your pictures are GORGEOUS!! I still remember the weekend I was visiting Northland and Heston told me there was a girl he liked and then I met you :) Congrats on this "special" day!! Tell Heston I said "hello" - you two look absolutely great together!
~Taryn

Tfipps said...

OOOOhhh...I love a good love story. I definitely got goosebumps on that one.

Shyla said...

That's so funny! I remember Heston and I sitting in the dining hall and you were walking to your seat from the salad bar and in his desperate pursuit to figure out who this girl was he was like " shy, who is that girl!!" LOL
AW time flies, now we are all grown up and married...time for babies! :)

Unknown said...

That's so cute! Thanks for sharing a bit of the details of your dating/liking phase. Isn't it funny how guys can be like that? I was clueless that Matt liked me when we first got to know each other. He was nervous and certain that I was the girl for him and I wasn't even thinking about dating him. :) Won't it be fun to share all those funny details with your kids someday?

Ken & Jen Schmidt said...

What an incredible story! Thanks for sharing it so we could enjoy it, too! Congratulations!

Jen

Kelly Glupker said...

What a sweet story. By the way, you make a beautiful bride!

Heather said...

I am so glad that Heston asked Shyla...who is that girl!! Other wise I wouldn't have such a wonderful sister-in-law!

Miss you guys and are praying for you!!!

Anonymous said...

kelli, heston dad & i have been best friends for 33 years and i pray for the same for you.

Jocelyn Pagano said...

Kelli,

Thanks for sharing that story. I hope there is a guy out there asking who I am - LOL! Very sweet.

undergroundcrowds said...

good story.

Sauers said...

that is so sweet! I didn't that's how it all happened for you guys! You make such a great couple! Awe!