CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The Lords Hand

This post is from me, Heston, Kelli's husband. This is a first! The information below is how the Lord has moved in our lives and how He has shown us that He is in control...

The information I am to give you goes out to you because of what the Lord has done in my life and the wonderful love He has provided to us all.

Yesterday, April 30th, this is what I shared with the girls that are currently on the soccer team. (it is a little lengthy, but good)

Names of Christ
He is the Chief Cornerstone
-There is always a start for something, on a building it is the foundation and there is always a beginning part of any building.
-Dr. Bennett always talks about “setting the rudder of the ship”. That setting will define where you are many months and years down the road. In all areas

He is our Counselor
-God has all wisdom. He needs no one to give Him advice. We only need to seek after it and ask for it.
-He loves to give counsel to men. Men often refuse it, but He has given it.
HAVE YOU REFUSED COUNSEL? From God, from Godly authority.

Finally
He is Wonderful
-In the beginning God promised He would send a Savior to deliver them from their sins.
-We have seen God in both forms- God and man- while man he remained perfect
-He remained wonderful-
-AS A SINNER, THAT’S ALL I NEED!
-Are you looking for the external? Pleasure, rewards, etc…


What about obedience- faith living
-Is it easy?
-IT MEANS LIVING BY PROMISES NOT BY EXPLANATIONS
-Abraham and Sarah, Job,
-We must learn to live by faith, or our world will fall apart

When as a child, I laughed and wept,
Time Crept
When, as a youth, I dreamed and talked,
Time walked
When I became a full grown man,
Time ran
And later, as I older grew,
Time flew
Soon I shall find, while traveling on,
Time gone

At the age of 75, Abraham enrolled in the “school of faith”
At the age of 100, he was still being tested through faith
“When we stop learning, we stop grown; and when we stop growing, we stop living”

Gen. 22
1. Expect tests from God
-Family test, fellowship test, fortune test, fatherhood test, farewell test
-We must have occasional tests- why would we trust if nothing ever fails us!
-Understand that not every test is a temptation- but they can just caused by our sin
-if we would have started by obeying-the temptation would not exist

2. Focus on promises not explanation
-Our faith is not really tested unless we are asked to bear what we think is unbearable
-When anything happens, one may ask “why me, Why Lord?” Right away we want an explanation
-As soon as we begin to ask “why” to God, is when this should determine you do not view God as a true provider of all and that He is our only provider we need.
-Faith does not need explanation, faith rests on promises

3. Depend on God’s provision
-As Abraham walked up to sacrifice his son, what could he depend on?
-He could not depend on his personal feelings, friends.
-Abraham could only depend on the promise and provision of God
-It is only then that we see what our Father can really do for us.

4. Seek to glorify God
-Because we are sinners, we will look for “Ways to get out of this!”
-What about glorifying God a asking “What can I get out of this Lord?”

5. Look forward to what God has for you
-God wants to provide for you!
-Abraham was blessed by God- given new assurance, new approval, new son, and finally he was given a deeper love for his God.
-We need to be assured that Gods gifts do not take place of the giver Himself
-It is worth to go through trials when at the end the Lord can say, “well done”
-Do you believe that? Not just believe but is it lived out in your life?

Can change be a trial? Of course! If we do not have our focus set properly on our God, yes, change can feel like a trial.

I say the above to say this- When Kelli and I moved to NBBC we thought it was going to be forever! We were so happy and so ready to become a part of this staff and what NBBC stands for. I still see that as true, but I see that the Lord used the past 6 years to prepare me for other things. With some restructuring in the Athletic office Kelli and I find ourselves being moved by God. With the moves I began to apply at several colleges for specific jobs. The Lord convicted my heart for doing so. He kept me on my knees all night one night and taught me that He is the only one I need to rely on. The next morning I received a phone call from another Christian College. What an awesome answer to prayer. This coming Wednesday, I will be flying to Lancaster Bible College for a final interview.
The Women's Program will continue with qualified coaches! Those alumni, please pray for Kelli and I as we continue to pray for the Lords guidance. Future athletes that I have been communicating with and are a part of this group- continue your future at NBBC if that is where the Lord has directed you! Those current student athletes, as a Coach and Kelli as a "mom", we have had several sleepless nights. This is not easy. But is awesome to see the Lord direct.
We ask you all to continue to pray!
-Those on the Uruguay trip- It will continue. I will have more information on that soon!
In Christ,
Coach and Kelli

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heston & Kelli! I'm excited to hear how God is directing you. Jason & I are going through all those joys and challenges of a "change in our plans". Keep us updated. I'm excited to see how God will provide!!

Rebecca & Jason Townsend

Jenny said...

My brother graduated from Lancaster, and loved it! We will be praying for you guys as God continues to direct!

Jen and Mark said...

we'll be praying for you guys as you move and settle in. isn't exciting to see God move specifically!!! :) mark and i have experienced that this year!!! so excited for you and will keep you in our prayers!

Abby said...

Definitely will be praying for you guys! God always directs us exactly where He wants us WHEN He wants us! I'll be praying!

Shyla said...

hello!! we will be neighbors!! Maybe you can get heather to move back too!! praying for you all in your transition!

Heather said...

So glad that you are both following in His will. There is no better place to be...and no, you will not be able to get us to move back to PA either. :)

Jocelyn Pagano said...

It is so exciting and scary when we take a step of faith to leave our comfort zone and go where God leads! But knowing He has led us there is so peaceful. I will be praying for you guys as you make this decision and move.

the johnson crew said...

i will be praying for you guys. thanks for posting.