CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Update

Thank you all for your words of encouragement and for your prayers. It has been very exciting to see what the Lord has been teaching us through this time of uncertainty. We have been praying since the beginning, that the Lord would make it VERY clear to us whether we are to stay here at Northland or whether we are to move on to another ministry. We are still praying that prayer and still waiting on Him as we seek to make the best decision for our future.

I am very excited that my parents, and two brothers will be flying in tomorrow evening to see Heston graduate on Saturday. We are very excited that the Lord worked it out for them to come out and visit, especially since we may be moving on. I am glad that we will be with Mom on Mother's Day and Bryce on his birthday on Monday. I am sure I will take lots of pictures!!

Here is a quick recap of this past week. Heston & I drove down to Green Bay last Wednesday evening and stayed in a hotel. Heston had hurt his back the night before by moving boxes and playing basketball. Needless to say he was walking like an old man. We stayed in a hotel down by Lambeau Field. We woke up early on Thursday and I dropped him off at the airport. I then went back to the hotel and watched TLC and then headed to go shopping. I met my friend, Sarah Neighbors for a quick lunch at Noodles and Company, did a little more shopping, and then headed home.

Heston spent Thursday and Friday at Lancaster and then the rest of the weekend with his family. I wish I could have gone! Phoebe and I spent a lot of quality time together and she was especially cuddly. On Saturday night, Heston called to say good night and out of the corner of my eye, I see Phoebe chasing a mouse around the woodstove. Heston asked if I was sure it was a mouse! Yes it was! It went back behind the TV so I moved it out so Phoebe could get to it. Sure enough, the mouse comes running out, but Phoebe was still behind the TV looking for it. She is not the world's best mouse catcher. Needles to say, we didn't find the mouse that night.

Sunday morning I went to pick Heston up from the airport. After collecting all of his belongings after the zipper on his suitcase was ripped (of course it wasn't the airlines fault!) we went to the mall for a little bit and then headed home. It was so nice to have him back home!

Heston had two finals on Monday and his exit exam on Tuesday morning. We are thankful that he is done!

The Lord is continually causing us to trust in Him. At times it seems like we have everything figured out and then something changes. We are anxiously awaiting to see God put all of the pieces together. We are thankful that the Lord has chosen to use us.

3 comments:

Abby said...

We have dealt with the mouse issue many a time in our old house! Thankfully our cat is quite the mouse hunter - she caught 4 mice in 3 or 4 days and chased another one off. So, needless to say, she's a keeper!

I'll definitely be praying for you guys! When Vince is done with seminary next year, we'll be in the same boat of uncertainty where God is leading - but, He always shows us one way or another where He would have us!!! Praying for you :-)

Sarah C said...

I know the Lord will lead you in His good time and whatever He has for you is the most fulfilling "job" for your life! Don't we have a great God? Thanks for posting and I hope you had a good Mother's Day. Keep trusting. . .

Jocelyn Pagano said...

That is so funny about the mouse. I don't get freaked out by them, but my sister does. My cat isn't that great of a mouser either. She just lays there while they run past her! Keep me posted on what happens in the future. Congratulations on Heston graduating.