CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 28, 2006

Home Sweet Home or Wild Life Preserve?

Let me just tell you, we have seen a lot of animals since we moved to our new house in January. Our cat, Phoebe, loves it! Last night she was "playing" with her bunny friend who comes around a couple times a week. He just sits in the yard and hops around the house and she runs to all of the windows in the house so she can see him.

This morning, she and Heston saw a fox! He tried to grab the camera but it ran away. The other morning we woke up to a turkey gobbling in our yard.

Some birds have made a nest in the cap of our propane tank. They greatly amuse Phoebe, that is until the propane guy comes to refill the tank! Then the poor nest will be destroyed.

Then or course, we have deer. They kind of scare me sometimes because they are so big and when I look out the window, I think it could be a person!

I love seeing God's creation, with the exception of ticks! Praise the Lord for his miraculous creation and I am thankful that I live in a place where I can so easily enjoy it.

For those of you who have been praying for our car situation, I thank you. We have not heard the final cost or damage yet, but I will keep you posted! Thanks for your prayers!

Please also pray for my parents as they are still trying to settle an insurance claim over my dad's surgery last year. It has been a battle from the beginning and just pray that my parents won't have to pay any more then they have already had to. Thanks!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Eek! I very clearly remember the crazy wild life up there in the nort' woods. My hubby used to live with Sam & Beth and his cat got accosted by a bear once! Are you insects bad?

Keep us posted on the car stuff. How ar e you guys getting to campus every day?

Unknown said...

Eek! I very clearly remember the crazy wild life up there in the nort' woods. My hubby used to live with Sam & Beth and his cat got accosted by a bear once! Are you insects bad?

Keep us posted on the car stuff. How ar e you guys getting to campus every day?

Kelli said...

The crazy wild life is why our cat is not allowed outside! Poor Matt's cat and the bear...
The insects aren't too bad, yet. I have only seen 1 tick and that was enough to freak me out! We don't have very many trees right around our house so I am hoping that we won't have tons of bugs. I grew up in the city - I am not use to bugs!

We actually have a second car - a 1990 jeep cherokee that I bought my sophomore year of college. It has been my faithful car for all of these years! Wish I could say that for our "new" car....