CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Weekend Project

I FINALLY got a project off of my evergrowing "TO DO" list. I have had the pillow forms and some of the fabric for over a year now! I had done 2 pillows and quit. But I spent several hours on Friday night and even more hours on Saturday cutting out the fabric and sewing these pillows together! I really had fun once I got into it, and I wished that I wouldn't have waited so long! I am happy that each of my couches now have coordinating pillows! It really brightens the room. Don't worry, those pillows are spread out on 2 couches, they were all scrunched together for picture purposes alone!



I also made some curtains for our bedroom out of the coordinating sheet set that came with our comorter set. We never used the sheets because they weren't the softest, but they were perfect for curtains! I am in the process of picking out paint colors for our bedoom - that will be my fun summer project!

I was also able to get all of by spring clothes out of storage. I feel like I have a whole bunch of new clothes! I was more than happy to pack away those heavy sweaters that are such a staple to a Northland wardrobe! Hello springtime!

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Kelly your pillows look great and the kids in your sunday school class are soooo cute! I love seeing the little kids all dressed up on Easter!

Jenny said...

Great pillows! Isn't spring fantastic? I remember too well those Wisconsin springs, starting mid-May! LOL. Were you there the year it snowed 12 inches for SpringFest and the power went out?
Way to go on the projects! Post more pics when you get them done!!

S said...

I love your pillows and how the material coordinates. I put off sewing also, but enjoy it if I know what I'm doing. :)

Here in Va it's been nice to have four seasons...it's almost surprising when it gets warm after living at NBBC.

Visit us on www.facebook.com said...

I'm very impressed Kelli! My Mom will be proud :)

Unknown said...

nice pillows! you are helping me think about doing some redecorating projects . . . there's just not enough time in the day!

suzanne said...

Don't you just love checking off things on that "TO DO" List. I get such a satisfaction from making that little mark!! I always love winter and am sad to see it go, but not this year. After being cooped up all winter with an "almost toddler" winter is no fun anymore!! We went to the park yesterday in our short sleeve t-shirts!! It was great!
I love the pillows! Keep working hard! Can't wait to see the pain color you pick out!

carissa said...

my favorite husband's secretary who I don't see enough of....and who's idea was it to give me a "speakers" schedule :) I have butterflies already!!
GREAT PILLOWS. You make me so proud. You're so gifted 'martha stewart'. I mean that in a very positive way!!