CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 08, 2006

Good Weekend

We had a good weekend this past weekend. Heston played 2 soccer games this weekend: Northland Soccer team vs. Germany soccer team. They are getting in shape and prepared for their missions trip in June to Germany. He is a little bit sore, but he loved it! They also had their championship intramural B-B game on Saturday and his team one! Yeah!

I spent Friday and Saturday painting the trim in the 2 spare bedrooms and getting the rooms prepared for my family to come on Wednesday! It is great to have an incentive to get everything done. Saturday night, Heston asked me what else I wanted to get done. I told him that I wanted to finish the border in the kitchen. It was around 5:30 or so and I thought we could get it done pretty quickly...that was not true! We spend like 2 1/2 hours trying to get the border up. The paste was not sticking, the edges were curling. We could not figure out why the other walls we did had worked perfectly! That was until yesterday afternoon, I decided to look at the directions AGAIN only to realize we didn't give the border enough time out of the water for the paste to "activate"!! Wish I would have understood that on Saturday night. Well, now that we know that, we are going to try to put up the rest either tonight or tomorrow night before everyone gets here. Heston keeps telling me that everything doesn't need to get done before they come...I know that, but it doesn't change the fact that I want it all to get done!

We had a great day at church yesterday. Sunday school with the 2 and 3 year olds was fun as we talked about baby Moses. Then in the service, they had a baby dedication for all children 3 and under. I think Pastor was right, half of our church was up there! It was great to see a lot of the kids in our Sunday school class up there. One of the little girls in our Sunday School Class, Savannah, wanted to sit with Heston & I during the service. She enjoyed looking at her new Bible that the church gave all of the kids that were dedicated. We are going to miss her when they move this summer!

Then, we were able to go to lunch with our good friends, Kelly & Craig and their daughter, Camryn. Then back to church for the afternoon service. It was a service dedicated to those who are graduating, whether it was from kindergarten, high school, college, or master's degree. It was great to see all of those who have finished their degrees and also sad because many of them will be moving on.

We also officially became church member's yesterday. That was neat! We sang 2 of my favorite songs in church: Abba, Father and In Christ Alone. What a great time to put our focus back on the Lord Jesus Christ.

As Heston and I have prayed, we don't know what the Lord is teaching us through this time of dealing with our car and the financial strain that comes along with is, but we are seeking to learn the lessons that He has for us.

Please pray for Heston as he takes his final exams this week. He has worked so hard this semester and I am just praying that his grades reflect that.

5 comments:

Visit us on www.facebook.com said...

Hey Guys!

Have fun with you family Kelli!!!

Unknown said...

wow, how much of your family is coming to visit? Is heston graduating?

In Christ alone is on of my faves too! I sing it to Chloe often.

I know how you feel about getting your house whipped into shape for company. Good luck and show us some pictures of the finished work!

Have a great time visiting with your family! Feel free to take a blogging break for your visit. :) I give you permission.

Kelli said...

Thanks, Hill, I will!!

Alicia: Actually, my younger sister Brianne is graduating...hopefully Heston will be next year! My parents, sister, 2 brothers, grandparents and 2 friends are coming to visit! Crazy house for the weekend! I am just wondering how I am going to feed everyone?!! I will have plenty to post about AFTER everyone leaves...And I will post pics of the rooms that I have finished.

Tracy said...

Welcome to Grace! Sorry, I know it's a little late but I didn't get to see you after the service. Kara really loves going to Sunday School now (she doesn't even try to run into the nursury when we get to church). Have a wonderful time with your family.

Unknown said...

Thanks for clearing up my confusion! Say hi to Bryce for my husband, Matt (I don't actually know Bryce much but Matt does). Have a FANTASTIC time!