CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 12, 2006

Another week done...

This past week was our semi-annual MM/DSM class here at Northland Baptist Bible College. We had about 55 pastors/missionaries, 7 wives, 11 children from all over the world. Families came from Tawain, Brazil, Mexico, Singapore, Phillipines Canada and I am sure others. We had a great week where the men, and thier wives, were able to learn more about Biblical Holiness from Dr. Sam Horn, Dr. Les Ollila, and Dr. Doug McLachlan. The ladies also had several awesome speakers! It was a great week. I love my job for that reason - working working working getting ready for the class, and then having all of the men and thier families here. It is so neat and rewarding to see how our efforts, through the Lord's strength, have ministered to these men and thier families. This was my 3rd class and I love the fact that each time I get to know more and more people in the ministry. It is neat to see what the Lord has done in thier lives and ministries since the last class.

After the last class, I wanted to start a prayer list where the Graduate Studies Department would take a certain number of students each week and pray for them. And not only would we pray for them, but we would let them know via email that we prayed for them and ask them if there is any specific way that we can pray! I know this is a great ministry and can be strengthened if we take the time to pray for them. Many of these ministers of the faith are attacked daily and I know our prayers on thier behalf will strengthen and encourage them and help to thwart the devil's attack. That is going to be my afternoon project! Hopefully I can get it done before too long and pray for them all individually before the next class in January!

I also have pictures of the banquet centerpieces that you all gave me feedback on, but I will have to wait to post pictures until Heston can get them off of my camera!

Tracy, Keara, Julie, and Shannon: you all know the sigh of releif that you can breathe once the class is over! And you also remember the mess that is left after all of the guys leave! That is my job for the rest of the week; returning everything to its rightful place! But that will keep me busy until I leave for HOME ON SATURDAY!!!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Great job on your successful meeting preparations--sounds like it was a huge success! And your prayer list idea is a wonderful one.

Visit us on www.facebook.com said...

Enjoy your vacations you guys!

Heather said...

I am sure you are getting excited to go home!!!

When does heston leave? I hope you both have a great time!!!

Talk to you soon!

Tracy said...

Kelli, Thanks for reporting on how the class went. I definately remember all of the required clean up and reorganization after the class! Have a wonderful vacation.