CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Happy Birthday, Phoebe Faye Frey

Three years ago today, Phoebe Faye became a part of the Frey family. Last night we were reminiscing about the first night we got her. We had only been married for about 2 months and Heston was working late with campus services. I had fallen asleep on the couch waiting for him to come home. I finally heard him walking up the stairs and he told me to close my eyes. I had no idea what he was doing, but he put this little black kitten on my stomach! She worked her way into my heart within minutes. That night, we found a make-shift litter box and got her some food and milk and she slept on the floor by our bed for the WHOLE night. Her motor was so loud that we couldn't go to sleep for a while. We asked around for the next couple days to see if anyone was missing a black kitten, but nobody knew of anyone. Little did we know that she was the Belford's kitten! She had gotten shot with a bb gun while they were on vacation and had therefore wandered away. Anyways, long story short, they let us keep her, although her name would no longer be Mary, which the Belford kids named her. Phoebe is definitely spoiled, but she is our child until the Lord gives us real kids. She greets us at the door every time we come home and she loves to go on walks on her leash. Hope you enjoy her little slide show!!

7 comments:

Visit us on www.facebook.com said...

I love the slide show Kelli! Very cute!!!

Jocelyn Pagano said...

That is funny. My cat, Splash, was found by Big Blue at NBBC and my parents had her for a while, then my older sister got her when my parents moved to PA. I borrowed her for a weekend to catch mice in my house and ended up keeping her. I gave her to my parents in PA when I moved into an apt and they brought her back to me when they moved here! She has travelled alot.

Tiffany Wagner said...

Great story, Kelli! I think Meg will be begging for a pet before we know it, she LOVES animals!

mike.kris said...

Awww, how special. I know that not everyone approves, but our dog is definitely our baby - so I think it's sweet that your cat is your baby. Great pics and slide show too!
Just wait until you get pregnant! if you're anything like me, you will agonize for months about your cat feeling rejected, will the cat like the baby, etc. Daisy always sat on my belly while I was pregnant too - I wonder if a cat would do that?

Kelli said...

Hillary: I copied the slide show idea from you! =) You should do one of Molly!

Jocelyn: Wow, Splash IS quite the traveler!! What does she look like? Seems like she always find her way back to you!

Mom: I guess that does make you Grandma to a cat =)She will have to do until we have kids. You still spoil her, though! She is looking forward to seeing you in 2 weeks!!

Tiff: Are you going to get Megan a kitten or a puppy? If she already loves animals I bet she will be asking for a pet soon! That will be fun to see her interact with her very own pet.

Kris: I loved your comment! I know people think I am crazy when I say Phoebe is my baby, but she truly is. I have ALREADY agonized about whether or not she will be good with babies and freaking out that our child will be allergic to her and we will have to get rid of her, etc! That is so cute that Daisy would lay on your stomach; I think Phoebe will do the same - that maternal instinct is in them too, I guess! Glad your "babies" get along so well!

Elisabeth said...

Awe, I remember meeting Phoebe for the first time a couple weeks after you got her, and we thought she was big then! Wow, Happy b-day a little late! Roman is our baby too, I know, anyone who doesn't have pet's thinks it's the weirdest thing, but hey, I was the same way till we got him! We just love him so much!

Jenny O said...

Well, I've been trapped into the world of blogging now! I think I like it! How are you - - and Well Happy Birthday to Phoebe! Yeah I'm usually not a big cat lover but now that they help keep the mice away I don't mind them hanging around!! Your pics look good!